of Science film making competition
Science Film Making Competition
This is the 3rd edition of Science Film Festival of Goa. Vidnyan Parishad Goa derives inspiration from Vijnana Bharati, the all India organization set up with the mission to identify the contributions of Science & Technology since ancient times in India and to enlighten the younger generation by making available that seminal knowledge in modern presentations.
- To promote science filmmaking culture in Goa.
- To encourage budding film-makers like students of Mass Communication, Fine Arts and related departments in various colleges of Goa.
- To facilitate presentation of scientific work through the creative discipline of cinema by young and enthusiastic filmmakers of Goa.
- To generate good content in the form of video films for general audience.
- Creating a Hyper Local Platform for Persons involved in Science to create a film with the help of trained filmmakers in a style of filmmaking which is entertaining
Vidnyan Parishad Goa a unit of VIBHA-India is the organizer of this annual event with the support of Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of Goa and Entertainment Society of Goa and Goa College of Art
The 3rd edition of SCIFFI will take place on the 16-20 of January 2018.
Last date of film submission is the 12 th of January 2018.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The 3rd edition of SCI-FFI short film competition is open in TWO categories.
- FILMS DURATION MORE THAN 5 MINUTES
- FILMS DURATION UP TO 5 MINUTES
- Any participant applying in either of the category should be a bonafide Goan (either by birth in Goa or as a resident for more than 15 years in Goa). In case of institutions, they should be registered in Goa and having regd. office / head office in Goa.
- Since this competition is aimed to boost the culture of science films, it is necessary that all the films submitted for this competition should be connected in some way to science & technology. Subject matter should be broadly related to any aspect of science pursued in Goa, like research, analysis or innovations or even personalities from the field of science & technology. Content should inspire viewers to connect science with everyday experience and / or any other issue concerning their everyday life. Films that inspire / exhibit / express / acknowledge science will be our basic selection criteria.
- Multiple entries are allowed but each will require to be submitted with separate application form, registration and in separate DVD or pen drive.
- The duration of the video film –
- Category ‘A’ – more than 5 minutes duration
- Category ‘B’ – up to 5 minutes duration
- Films in language other than English, should carry English subtitles.
- All entries must be accompanied by film production stills/slides properly labeled for use in the festival promotion.
- Each film must be an original work by the participant. Each participant has to submit a letter stating that it is his/her original work and not copied in any sense.
- No watermark of any kind should be embedded in the film.
- The film must be of highest possible quality, preferably in HD format.
- Adult content of any kind will not be acceptable and would be summarily disqualified.
- Due credit must be given to all the cast and crew of the film.
- Decisions of the jury will be final and cannot be challenged in any manner whatsoever. In case the jury is not satisfied with the quality of the competition entries, they are not bound in any way whatsoever to award any film / technician in the under mentioned categories.
- All college student entries should have their bonafide college endorsement.
CATEGORY ‘A’ – OPEN TO ALL – DURATION OF FILMS MORE THAN 5 MINUTES
BEST FILM- 1st place — Rs. 25000/-
BEST FILM- 2nd place — Rs. 15000/-
BEST FILM- 3rd place — Rs. 10000/-
Best Direction / Research presentation — 1st place – Rs. 7000/-
Best Direction / Research presentation — 2nd place – Rs. 5000/-
Best Cinematography — Rs. 5000/-
Best Editing — Rs. 5000/-
Best Sound Design — Rs. 5000/-
CATEGORY ‘B’ – OPEN TO ALL – DURATION OF FILMS UP TO 5 MINUTES
BEST FILM- 1st place — Rs. 10000/-
BEST FILM- 2nd place — Rs. 7000/-
BEST FILM- 3rd place — Rs. 5000/-
2 Encouragement Awards of Rs. 2000/- each
All the winners will be presented the awards at the gala event of the SCI-FFI Goa 2018.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR STUDENT PARTICIPANTS:
- After the registration SCI-FFI team can help students finalize topics / subjects for their entries in the competition.
- SCI-FFI can introduce participants to researchers / science institutions and help coordinate all the necessities required for their entry projects.
- SCI-FFI will organize an orientation program by a renowned science filmmaker for all the selected participants and their faculties of Dept of Mass Comm. / Fine Arts from colleges situated in Goa. This is a special event for our participants to acquire specific skills and keen understanding in the field of science filmmaking.
CONTACT – Mahesh Joshi, 9921399369
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Website – www.sciffigoa.org