Start with throwing a Tennis ball….. the
farthest…….the highest…. and be the greatest….
How do I?
One way is Muscle power………that all have….
Why dont you build a machine which is like your extra powerful arm??? A SUPER ARM
Yeah!!! Thats the Challenge.
Build a Machine/Device/Sling/Catapult which can throw a TENNIS BALL.
What do I Learn? (you might be thinking)
You learn the Physics and Math behind projectile motion, Force required and the initial launching angle required to send a projectile highest/farthest…. (imagine Ballistic Missiles).
What should i Do to build my SUPER ARM???
- Know the weight of tenis ball (~ 60 g) (Ball will be provided at the venue)
- use any material to make a secured and stable platform/base.
- NO SPRINGS to be used for the launch of projectile.
- Choosing flexible materials which can bend or stretch easily.
- MONEY!!!! approximately spend Rs. 50/- only.
The stable launchpad throwing the farthest will grab a PRIZE …
“THROW YOUR IDEAS and GRAB A PRIZE”
Venue: INOX Courtyard
Date: 15 January, 2016
Time: 16:00 hrs – Registration
16:30 hrs – Actual event
Prize distribution on 17th Jan at 17.00 Hrs during valedictory